Designs how are they protected?
Written by Michael Coyle on 28 January 2017« Return to Reading Room
1. Community registered designs.
2. Community unregistered design right.
3. UK registered designs.
4. UK unregistered design right.
5. Artistic copyright.
1. Council Regulation (EC) No.6/2002 on Community designs has direct effect within the Member States of the European Union and provides for Community registered designs and for the Community unregistered design right.
2. Directive 98/71/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 October 1998 on the legal protection of designs
3. Registered Designs Act 1949
4. Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988
5. Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988
Want to speak
Complete the form below and we’ll call you back free of charge.